- To organize other employees on our personal time
- To organize into a union.
- To work in an environment that is both safe and friendly
- To a workplace free of sexual harassment.
- To question, seek information and be consulted about decisions that impact our jobs
- To be heard and to be responded to with courtesy
- To request and receive a sincere apology for any jokes we find offensive
- To be called by no name that offends us
- To work free from accusation and blame
- To work free from personal criticism and judgements
- To have our work and interests regarded with respect
- To have our own viewpoint even if others have a different one
- To have our feelings and experience respected
- To be treated with respect at all times
- To be respectfully asked rather than ordered
- To not be discriminated against on
the basis of age, sex, race or handicap.
- To earn a liveable wage and have health benefits
- To receive encouragement in our career development
- To exercise one's rights under the Family Medical Leave Act
- To take up to 12 weeks of medical leave each year if eligible under federal law and not be penalized for exercising this right.
- To work free from economic terrorism
- To negotiate the terms of an agency contract
- To discuss one's salary with co-workers
- To receive overtime compensation for hourly work
- To protest unjust discipline or job termination
- To seek unemployment compensation
CREDITS AND RESOURCES 
The above piece is an adapatation of "Basic Rights in a Relationship" p.115 IN:
The Verbally Abusive Relationship: How to recognize it and how to respond by Patricia Evans,
Bob Adams, Inc. Publishers, Holbrook, Massachusetts (1992). This book is an excellent guide for anyone
experiencing a verbally abusive relationship.
The bill also incorporates the "Workers' Rights"
which you may find at Washington Tech.
Note: if you are experiencing verbal abuse or other hostility at work, you may find
to be a most useful resource.
Graphics by Linda (nee Designer Originals) formerly http://www.subdesigns.com